Follow us


How do I make an appointment?

Call us at (262) 544-8500. We will be happy to help you meet your busy schedule.

Will you take cases outside of the Waukesha, WI area?

We assist clients throughout southeastern Wisconsin.

Is there a charge for an initial consultation?

In most cases, there is no fee charged for our initial consultation. We will be happy to discuss this with you when you call to schedule an appointment.

In probate, what is the difference between formal and informal administration?

Formal administration takes place when a will is contested, and is presided over by a probate judge. Informal administration can usually be handled without any court appearances.

How long does probate take?

The process can take up to 14 months for a small estate. For larger, contested estates, the process can sometimes take two years or more.

When should I write a will?

If you have accumulated assets you would like to designate to beneficiaries after you die, or if you have minor children, you should write a will.

Do I need a Marital Property Agreement?

If you are marrying for the second time, or have children not of your present marriage, Wisconsin’s Marital Property Law can create significant complications for you and your estate planning goals. A properly drafted Marital Agreement (often called a “Prenuptial Agreement”) can help reduce or eliminate these problems.

Also, if you are marrying for the first time, but own a business or have other significant assets, a Marital Agreement may be appropriate.

I have a question about a legal subject not covered here. Could you refer me to attorneys in the criminal defense, personal injury, family law, or other legal field?

The attorneys at The Law Offices at Rivers Edge will be happy to answer your legal questions and provide a free initial consultation.